The 'Balkatta' program is an initiative to promote reading culture among children and enhance their linguistic and intellectual development. It is designed to cultivate a habit of reading among children from diverse backgrounds and promote their decision-making abilities. Through reading activities and library programs, the program seeks to diversify perspectives, foster human values, encourage opinion expression, and create a platform for dialogue and debate.The program is based on the methodology of 'constructivism,' which enables children to experience various concepts in the curriculum. This initiative is being carried out in the urban and tribal areas of the Yavatmal district. We are currently working with a total of 195 children over the last six months through this program.
- To promote reading culture among children and enhance their linguistic and intellectual development.
- To strengthen the decision-making abilities of children through various book-based activities and participatory methods.
- To improve the academic performance of children by enhancing their comprehension, vocabulary, and critical thinking skills.
- To create a joyful learning environment for children that promotes their holistic development.
- Reading books on various topics and themes to children.
- Conducting book-based activities, such as book reviews, group discussions, and book-related projects.
- Participatory singing and storytelling sessions to enhance the learning experience.
- Encouraging open reading and sharing of books among children.
- Using the constructivist approach to enable children to experience the concepts in the curriculum.